This post might come as a bit of a surprise because generally speaking, I’m not a beauty blogger. Not because I don’t find lipstick and mani pedis interesting, au contraire. No, the embarassing truth is that I’m really, really bad at make up. For the past few years my make up regime has been unchanged, high speed and frankly, pretty minimal. bareMinerals powdered foundation, mascara and, if I’m feeling really wild, a slick of black liquid eyeliner. I’ve always wanted to get more experimental with my make up looks but due to a combination of time constraints and laziness, somehow never managed to get round to trying anything new. So when my all time favourite beauty brand, bareMinerals, invited me down to their Covent Garden boutique for a make over I leapt at the chance to test drive their new Supernaturals collection and hopefully pick up a few tips. The Supernaturals collection is the brand’s first trend driven range, featuring autumn-ready shades such as rich plum, olive green and warm terracotta. I chose a lovely green and gold palette aptly named, ‘The Rare Find’. Here’s how it turned out in the hands of a professional…
On top of glamming me up, AW12 style, bareMinerals make-up artist Alexandra Sklavos also put together a handy little step-by-step ‘Supernaturals’ application guide. So, while you’re no doubt far less inept at make up than me, here are some pointers on how to recreate the look yourself…
1) Start by prepping the eyelids with bareMinerals Original Eyelid Primer
2) Take the Lost for Words Eye colour and apply from lashline up to underneath the brow
3) Apply Surreal Eye Colour from lashline to just underneath the crease contour
4) Then take the Eureka Eye Colour and apply gently in the outer corners and slightly into the socket line
5) Finally, gently buff Frisson into the crease contour and blend
6) Finish the eye look with Round the Clock Eyeliner in 9pm and Flawless Definition Curl and Lengthen Mascara in Black
For a final touch add Laughter blush to the apples of the cheeks and Sugar Cookie Natural Lip Gloss for the perfect pout.
The ‘Supernaturals’ collection is avaiable online at www.bareminerals.co.uk or in stores now. Each eyeshadow palette is £29 and separates start at £13
Images courtesy of Ben Hopper
Love Ella. X
Ps) As you know, this is my first foray into beauty posts, would you like to see more?