1) Chinti & Parker Pocket Front Cashmere Sweater, reduced from £300 to £210 at Matches, click here to buy.
2) Diane Von Furstenberg Clyde Skirt, reduced from £266 to £186 at Matches, click here to buy
3) Nicholas Kirkwood Neon Lace Sandals, reduced from £656.67 to £394 at FarFetch.com, click here to buy.
4) Alexander Wang Marion Bag, reduced from £565 to £462 at FarFetch.com, click here to buy.
5) Meadham Kirchoff ‘Kitty’ Silk Clutch, reduced from £415 to £250 at Browns, click here to buy.
7) Christopher Kane Splice & Fold Jacket, reduced from £2200 to £1320 at Matches, click here to buy.
8) Peter Pilotto Stamp Print Dress, reduced from £485 to £339.50 at Net-a-Porter, click here to buy
9) Mulberry Harriet Satchel, reduced from £850 to £595, click here to buy.
10) Camilla Skovgaard Leather & Lizard Effect Sandals, reduced from £335 to £231 at Net-a-Porter. Click here to buy.
Strictly speaking, I’m not a hardcore sales shopper. The idea of fighting tooth and nail for the last pastel blouse in Topshop only to discover that it’s the wrong size is not my idea of a fun Saturday morning. Plus, it’s pretty likely that the little something you found on the sale rale and picked up for a fiver will be unwearably dated in a few weeks time. But when it comes to buying bank breakingly expensive and most importantly, classic designer items, I worship at the altar of end-of-season price reductions. This is especially the case when it comes to the summer sales. In London we’re lucky to have had more than half an hour of sunshine by the time June arrives so there is still plenty of “summer” time left during which we can wear, or at least fantasise about wearing, broderie anglaise and skimpy sundresses. While you might be able to pick up a few investment pieces in January, most of the stock on sale isn’t all that attractive. I mean, do YOU fancy buying more knitwear after months and months of gloom!?
Love Ella. X
Ps) Just realised I went straight from 5 to 7, must have just been in too much of a hurry to finish this post and get shopping!