1) Preen Leopard Jacquard Evelyn Dress, £690, click here to buy
2) Alexander Wang Croc and Lizard Effect Sandals, £562, click here to buy
3) Anya Hindmarch Studded Joss Zip Top Pouch, £350, click here to buy
4) Anne Bowes Jewellery Enamel Green Egg Necklace, £90, click here to buy
5) 3.1 Phillip Lim Green Large Pashli Satchel, £830, click here to buy
6) Whistles Caroline Quilted Leather Bomber Jacket, £350, click here to buy
7) Burberry Prorsum Metallic Shoulder Bag, £550, click here to buy
8) Valentino Studded Leather Flats, £530, click here to buy
9) Isabel Marant Etoile Iti Skinny Corduroy Trousers, £145, click here to buy
10) J.Crew Liberty Contrast Merino Wool Sweater, £100, click here to buy
Love Ella. X
This morning I realised that despite claiming “In My Handbag” would be a regular feature, I’d totally forgotton all about it! It’s truly horrible London today and I decided to cheer myself up by carrying a truly fabulous bag so I thought this would be the right time to do a second one.
As you know, and are probably thoroughly bored of hearing about, I’m more-than-mildly obsessed with 3.1 Phillip Lim. His lovely team invited me along to their studio after the show last season to get a proper, up close look at the collection. Just when I thought the afternoon couldn’t get any more thrilling, they generously gave my this handbag. Naturally I’ve been carrying it non-stop ever since partially because of it’s sheer, aesthetic amazingness but also because it can fit SO MUCH STUFF! Admittedly I didn’t actually need that much luggage with me today but nothing lifts the spirits like a neon pink handbag.
I bought these cute spotty gloves at Accessorize just the other week. My mum gave me a gorgeous plum leather pair for Christmas but I have an uncanny nack for losing gloves once wine comes into the equation. Last winter I managed to misplace a whopping eight pairs so I decided to get these for nights out, but I actually really like them.
This is no doubt stating the obvious but I never, ever leave home without my wallet. I mean what if I happened to wander past Whistles and find an incredible blouse on sale with just one left in my size and wasn’t able to snap it up in a heartbeat? This particular sparkle-tastic wallet was a wonderful Christmas Gift from Anya Hindmarch. Given my addiction to glitter, they were right in thinking I’d love it.
Much as I hate to admit this, I don’t find my iPad that useful. It turns out that it’s not, as I mistakenly assumed, just like a mini laptop. It’s more like a big iPhone that doesn’t make phone calls. In fact I only really use it for checking Facebook in bed or reading 50 Shades of Grey on the tube… but doesn’t it and my iPhone look adorable in their matching green Mulberry cases?
Click here to check out the previous installment of In My Handbag.
Love Ella. X
First weekly wish list of 2013!
1) Marc by Marc Jacobs Uma cable knit merino wool sweater, £235, click here to buy
2) Acne lambskin leather trousers, £989, click here to buy
3) Alexander Wang Alla croc effect leather wedges, £625, click here to buy
4) 3.1 Phillip Lim The Pashli shark effect leather trapeze tote, £805, click here to buy
5) Burberry mid length trench coat, £1195, click here to buy
6) J.Crew Tinsley lady boucle jacket, £500, click here to buy
7) Marc by Marc Jacobs Deco dot rabbit scarf, £345, click here to buy
8) Sophie Hulme lizard panel envelope bag, £305, click here to buy
9) Charlotte Olympia Serene crepe de chine platform sandals, £595, click here to buy
10) Roksanda Ilincic Sadler laminated dress, £910, click here to buy
Love Ella. X
What: Jumper: Boutique by Jaeger, Jacket: All Saints, Boots: Massimo Dutti, Jeans: Hudson, Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim (both gifted)
Where: Press Days & Meetings in London.
This outfit isn’t my usual style due to the lack of Peter Pan collar involvement but do you know what? I rather like it. Now and again it’s fun to try something a bit different, although my housemates were slightly unamused when I blinded them with my neon knit first thing in the morning. The fab jumper and ankle boots are both AW12 purchases (last season in fashion terms, current season for everyone else) picked up on a spree with my mum a couple of weeks ago. One of the less fantastic things about ‘growing up’ is that shopping avec maman no longer involves her buying you anything. On the bright side whatever you do buy, you can feel extra smug about the fact that you really earned it.
Love Ella. X
1) J.W. Anderson waffle knit sweater, £498, click here to buy
2) 3.1 Phillip Lim zip detail leather skirt, £645, click here to buy
3) Marni metallic leather brogues, £370, click here to buy
4) Mulberry Lily tassel bag, £695, click here to buy
5) J.Crew Casati necklace, £154, click here to buy
6) Limited Edition Valentino handmade sunglasses, £450 at Luxup, click here to buy
7) Diane Von Furstenberg Saffano iPhone case, £34, click here to buy
8) J.Crew Casati earrings, £86, click here to buy
9) Nicholas Kirkwood metallic floral emrboidered sandals, £1125, click here to buy
10) Whistles Lia jacquard skater dress, £175, click here to buy
Love Ella. X