1) Chinti and Parker Heart Print Striped Top, £90, click here to buy
2) French Connection Hachi Denim Hotpants, £50, click here to buy
3) 3.1 Phillip Lim Electric Yellow Medium Pashli Satchel, £740, click here to buy
4) Moschino Cheap & Chic Suede Platform Sandals, £320, click here to buy
5) ASOS Embellished Cat Eye Sunglasses, £20, click here to buy
6) Boutique by Jaeger Bow Shoulder Shift Dress, £175, click here to buy
7) REISS 1971 Catalina Laser Cut Top, £79, click here to buy
8) Isabel Marant Etoile Britany Shorts, £110, click here to buy
9) Sarah Forsyth Snakeskin Belt, £85, click here to buy
10) Chloe Lauren Leather Ballet Flats, £280, click here to buy
Love Ella. X
What: Coral dress: Boutique by Jaeger, Necklace: Anne Bowes Jewellery, Heels: Kurt Geiger, Bag: Anya Hindmarch.
Where: Jaeger Boutique Launch Party, London.
I’ve never been one to leave a party early but for some stupid reason, I thought I might break the habit of a lifetime at the Calzedonia Swimwear bash in Rimini. With this imagined self restraint in mind I RSVP’d “oui” to the Jaeger Boutique launch the following evening and even agreed to interview one of the designers… On camera. Suffice to say, all good intentions went out the window pretty swiftly in Rimini and having spent most of the following day enduring the hangover from hell and flight delays I didn’t feel much like getting dolled up and being sociable. The fact that I made it to the party, did the interview and had a lovely time is a testament to the power of a really great dress. So next time you’re feeling a little worse for wear don’t bother with Berocca. A frock of the same invigorating shade does the job.
Love Ella. X
What: Coat: A.P.C, Jumper: Boutique by Jaeger, Shorts & Shirts: Whistles, Loafers: Russel & Bromley, Bag: Anya Hindmarch, Beret: American Apparel
Where: Meetings and Appointments in London.
First off, I must admit that this post title doesn’t refer to what I got up to while wearing this outfit. Yesterday was definitely not what you’d call a “hard working” Monday. Busy, yes. Stressful, at times. But that stress was mainly just panicking over being too pasty for an Temperley dress now taking pride of place in my wardrobe and later on, smudging my nail polish. This week kicked off with a trip to Temperley London’s Mayfair HQ to choose something fabulous for a very special event I’m supremely over excited about attending next week. After having a rather embarrassing mini meltdown over nothing “looking right” (brat alert!) I finally fell for an exquisite cocktail number in oyster silk jacquard. Sadly it has to be returned to it’s rightful owners sooner than seems fair but until then, I’m much enjoying just looking at it. After a couple of midday meetings at the Liberty London cafe (high risk meeting spot due to it’s proximity to oodles of Carven and Christopher Kane) I headed in the direction of Chelsea for the afternoon’s “work” engagement… A mani pedi at Bliss Spa which will be the subject of my next grooming review. By the end of the day I felt a bit spoilt and ridiculous, in the very best possible way. Getting back to my original point, the reason I decided to dub this Look Du Jour “hard working” is because of the pieces themselves. From my trusty A.P.C peacoat (AW10) to my camel Whistles shorts (SS11), on a cost-per-wear basis these babies have all paid for themselves many times over. Summer, winter, London, New York, Paris… A garment that works all of the above is worth its weight in gold and certainly worth dry cleaning and re-lining a stupidly expensive number of times. As for the Anya Hindmarch tote, I picked up that beauty at a second hand designer shop in Notting Hill a couple of years ago. Considering it had a whole other life before entering my wardrobe and the amount I’ve used it since, this bag deserves a lifetime achievement award! As of sometime last week I’ve decided to make only – or at least mainly – these kind of chic yet sensible, wear-forever buys. And re my extravagant Monday, it was definitely a one off, this afternoon will been spent slogging away in the library.
Love Ella. X
1) Boutique by Jaeger Daisy striped sweater, £99, click here to buy
2) MiH Paris mid rise skinny jeans, £133, click here to buy
3) Penelope Chilvers woven red Dandy slippers, £290, click here to buy
4) Chloé Aurore bowler bag, £1162, click here to buy
5) Cutler and Gross acetate sunglasses, £240, click here to buy
6) Rag & Bone Cambridge floral print and leather bomber jacket, £670, click here to buy
7) Mulberry glossy goat Lily bag, £695, click here to buy
8) Anya Hindmarch new season Joss wallet, £295, click here to buy
9) McQ Alexander McQueen studded leather pumps, £265, click here to buy
10) Whistles Mathilde fluoro tweed dress, £195, click here to buy.
Love Ella. X
What: Deer Jumper: Boutique by Jaeger, Skirt: American Apparel, Bag: Mulberry, Bambi Necklace: Anne Bowes Jewellery (click here to buy), Beret & Ring: Accessorize, Boots: Massimo Dutti.
Where: Coffee and shopping.
Giving (and getting) clothes as presents is fairly high risk. Generally speaking I’m a big advocate of opting for vouchers or better still cash rather than actual garments. Clothes shopping is such a personal thing, so much comes down to size and fit both of which can vary enormously from brand to brand. It’s also, in my opinion, one of THE most enjoyable activites known to man so with a generous cheque or Selfridges store card you’re really giving your loved one the gift of a fabulous time. That said, now and again buying clothes for other people can be a success. When this magical collision of good luck and good taste occurs few things beat the joy of taking the togs you unwrapped on Christmas morning out for their first wintery spin. This adorable Boutique by Jaeger Deer jumper and Accessorize Fair Isle beret were two of my fave gifts this year. They’re exactly the kind of things I’d buy for myself and on several occasions this season, nearly did!
Did you get any clothes for Christmas? If so, will you be wearing them or putting them on ebay before New Year?
UPDATE: I stupidly didn’t read the “handwash only” lavel and put my deer jumper in the washing machine. Half the face came off, I’m so sad!
Love Ella. X