1) Chinti and Parker Heart Print Striped Top, £90, click here to buy
2) French Connection Hachi Denim Hotpants, £50, click here to buy
3) 3.1 Phillip Lim Electric Yellow Medium Pashli Satchel, £740, click here to buy
4) Moschino Cheap & Chic Suede Platform Sandals, £320, click here to buy
5) ASOS Embellished Cat Eye Sunglasses, £20, click here to buy
6) Boutique by Jaeger Bow Shoulder Shift Dress, £175, click here to buy
7) REISS 1971 Catalina Laser Cut Top, £79, click here to buy
8) Isabel Marant Etoile Britany Shorts, £110, click here to buy
9) Sarah Forsyth Snakeskin Belt, £85, click here to buy
10) Chloe Lauren Leather Ballet Flats, £280, click here to buy
Love Ella. X
What: Trench Coat: Comptoir des Cottoniers, Jumper: Chinti and Parker (gifted), Jeans: J Brand, Pumps: French Sole, Necklace: Anne Bowes Jewellery, Hat: Accessorize, Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim (gifted).
Where: Personal Shopping Appointment in London.
Ok, so I may have shamelessly reappropriated the name of Burberry’s AW13 show for this post title but given that the look du jour in question involved a trench coat and a heart jumper I reckon Christopher Bailey would understand… If he ever found out which, let’s be honest, is beyond unlikely. The man responsible for restoring Burberry to its former glory and then some has far more important things to think about than my shameless pilfering of his ideas but anyway, I digress. March (AKA the first month of Spring) is here so no matter how abismal the weather I refuse to carry on wearing my winter coat. I donned this ensemble for my first EVER personal styling appointment last Friday. Given that someone had put the fate of their wardrobe in my hands it seemed only right I looked both chic and seasonally appropriate, the day seemed to go really well so I assume this look did the trick. Admittedly I did get pretty chilly tramping around town in the pouring rain sans socks and fear the ballet pumps/bare feet situation might result in my developing a case of gangrene. If the British weather continues refusing to comply with the fashion seasons quite this dramatically I may have to swap my beloved London for sunnier climbs, or accept spending the rest of my days with a perma-cold… tough call.
In other news, I now officially offer personal styling services so if you, or anyone you know, fancy a major wardrobe overhaul or just a bit of styling advice contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Love Ella. X
Ps) Since writing the point it has started snowing and I’ve been forced to dig out my winter coat, fur hat and thermals… Boo.
Because you can never, ever have enough stuff…
1) Chinti and Parket Big Heart cashmere sweater, £350, click here to buy
2) J Brand 811 Mid-Rise skinny jeans, £215, click here to buy
3) Nicholas Kirkwood Elaphe loafers, £535, click here to buy
4) Sophie Hulme Square Envelope shoulder bag, £330, click here to buy
5) Mulberry chunky knit wool blend beanie, £250, click here to buy
6) Miu Miu leather gloves, £230, click here to buy
7) Burberry London leather trimmed wool & cashmere coat, £995, click here to buy
8) Marc by Marc Jacobs Too Hot To Handle mini tote, £470, click here to buy
9) Charlotte Olympia Queen of Hearts embellished satin sandals, £625, click here to buy
10) Jonathan Saunders Helene jacquard dress, £515, click here to buy
Love Ella. X
Having recently spent the best past of a month careering around town for the SS13 press days, I almost forgot that Winter’s barely even started yet! Plus here in London, Spring doesn’t really arrive until about July… If it makes an appearence at all, so we’ve still got plenty of time to covet, buy and get our money’s worth out of novelty knitwear. As someone who wears bedsocks and sleeps with a hot water bottle from September, I’m a pretty big fan of knitwear full stop. But wooly wonders that keep you warm and make you LOL? That’s nothing short of genius. Like most fashion obsessives, I’m more than mildly obsessed with Markus Lupfer’s tongue-in-check embellished sweaters. Over the past couple of seasons the high street has also churned out tons of playful and non-bank breaking versions so that anyone and everyone can have fun with their knits. A couple of years ago I picked up a red Christmas jumper at Zara that I’ve worn time and time again and you’ve no doubt seen crop up in my look du jour posts on numerous occasions. Much as I adore that jolly red number, I fear it might disintegrate if I don’t stop wearing non stop so I’m currently in the market for a new novelty knit. Here are a few of my current faves…
1) Banjo and Matilda Toucan Cashmere Sweater, £285, click here to buy
2) Burberry Prorsum Owl Intarsia Casmere Sweater, £895, click here to buy
3) French Connection Sequin Pug Sweater, £72, click here to buy
4) Chinti and Parker Reindeer Cashmere Sweater, £350, click here to buy
5) Markus Lupfer OMG! Bubbler Sweater, £265, click here to buy
6) Miss Selfridge Duck Jumper, £37, click here to buy
Which novelty knit would YOU pick?
Love Ella. X
There are many things in life that I struggle to resist. Mulberry handbags, dry white wine, salmon sushi, anything involving Liberty print… The list goes on. Two of the things most likely to make me succumb to temptation are cashmere and Colette Paris. So when I heard that Chinti & Parker had teamed up with the Parisian mekkah of all things stylish to produce a capsule collection of chicer-than-chic cashmere sweaters I was excited and terrified in equal measure. On the one hand the results of this match-made-in-fashion-heaven are BEYOND adorable. I’m a sucker for kitsch detailing and between the polkadots, giant hearts and contrast elbow patches these babies have got it in spades. On the other hand, there’s no way in hell I’m going to be able to control my urge to splurge and once you’ve payed postage and packaging for one jumper you may as well buy all three! Bye bye bank balance…
The sweaters will be available online or at Colette Paris from mid June with prices ranging from £300 to £350. Better get saving…
Love Ella. X
Ps) Anyone who invests in a Chinti & Parker for Colette exclusive will be in very stylish company, Olivia Palermo was spotted wearing hers just this morning!