What: Green suede shoes: Kurt Geiger (gifted), Jumper: Whistles, Dress, Hat & Bag: Topshop.
Where: Kurt Geiger Dolls Party, London.
Another lame Look Du Jour title I know but I just couldn’t help myself! Plus while there may not actually be fifty shades of green in this outfit, there are certainly a fair few. Last week the lovely folk at Kurt Geiger asked me to co-host an event at their South Molton Street store and, best of all, I got to pick out a pair of shoes for the occasion. After spending the best part of an hour driving the staff mad by trying on every single style in the shop, I eventually settled on these army green suede platform loafers. Green also happens to be my joint favourite colour (with pink of course) and once I was wearing it on my feet, I thought I may as well just go the whole hog and wear it everywhere else as well. I reckon it’s a fairly decent take on “tonal colour blocking” and you can never have too much of a good thing after all.
Love Ella. X
I think it’s safe to say that my bordering-on-unhealthy obsession with Whistles is no secret. Since buying that fateful grey peacoat from their Kings Road store circa 2007 my collection has grown to include blouses, dresses, handbags, knitwear and just about everything in between. Aside from the awesome attire they offer, the Whistles team are also a lovely bunch. So lovely in fact, that every year they run an online advent calendar in order to treat loyal fans to sartorial goodies! I’m all for spreading a spot of Christmas cheer (mulled wine and sparkly things… what’s NOT to love?) especially when it involves fabulous clothes. Knowing my penchant for all things festive, Whistles enlisted me to spread the word and give you a sneak peek at what’s in store for the lucky so-and-so’s who hit this year’s advent calendar jackpot. While I never, ever say no to a freebie, a lot of the time they’re not something you’d necessarily pay for. Well, I can say without a shadow of doubt that’s not the case on this occasion. Whistles have kindly agreed to let me give you a sneak peek at one of the prizes… a personalised varsity jacket!
Yep, that’s right, a one-of-a-kind take on this (and next) season’s hottest cover up worth £295! To enter just follow @thisiswhistles and @Ella_LaPetite on twitter and then when the jacket it revealed on the Calendar next month, you will be given a tweet to retweet. Trust me, it’s simpler than it sounds and I’m more than a little peeved I can’t enter.
Love Ella. X
1) Stella McCartney Josephine Lace Dress, £4195, click here to buy
2) Lucy Choi London Adele Glitter Courts, £185, click here to buy
3) Lanvin Crystal Embellished Box Clutch, £1440, click here to buy
4) Kenneth Jay Lane Drop Earrings, £240, click here to buy
5) Elizabeth and James Metallic Brocade Top, £205, click here to buy
6) Erdem Esmerelda Venice Printes Trousers, £560, click here to buy
7) Anya Hindmarch Marano Dancer LED-lit Glitter Finish Clutch, £495, click here to buy
8) Christian Louboutin Crazy Fur Heels, £735, click here to buy
9) French Connection Disco Leopard Flared Skirt, £95, click here to buy
10) Whistles Jackie Sequin Sweater, £125, click here to buy
Love Ella. X
The post actually comes courtesy of one lovely reader who took the time to send me a very nice email asking if I’d do a feature on my favourite Winter coats! FYI I don’t find this annoying as there are only so many things a girl can scheme up every week so now and again a gentle push in the right direction is much appreciated. First and foremost, anyone who is coat hunting now has broken one of the cardinal rules of shopping: never, EVER wait until you actually need something before you buy it. Bikinis should be purchased in March, possibly May at the absolute latest. We’ve all grappled with the swimwear sale rails in July at least once in our lifetime and I’m sure you’ll agree, it ain’t pretty. As for your parkas, peacoats and puffas, they should really be purchased sometime in August. But given what appalling weather we have most of the time, it’s understandable that us Brits don’t want to think about coats during the 2 to 4 months of the year we don’t have to wear them. Luckily for us, designers know this, so despite the fact it’s November there are still plenty of wonderful Winter warmers up for grabs and without further ado, here are a few of my favourites…
1) Opening Ceremony Melton Wool Coat, £610 exclusively at Matches, click here to buy
2) Miu Miu Leopard Print Shearling Coat, £2745, click here to buy
3) Moschino Cheap and Chic Flare Boucle Wool Peacoat, £770, click here to buy
4) Whistles Camille Melton Duffel Coat, £250, click here to buy
5) Reiss Reid Relaxed Coat, £350, click here to buy
6) Boutique by Jaeger Jenny Frill Hem Coat, £299, click here to buy
Love Ella. X
1) J.W. Anderson waffle knit sweater, £498, click here to buy
2) 3.1 Phillip Lim zip detail leather skirt, £645, click here to buy
3) Marni metallic leather brogues, £370, click here to buy
4) Mulberry Lily tassel bag, £695, click here to buy
5) J.Crew Casati necklace, £154, click here to buy
6) Limited Edition Valentino handmade sunglasses, £450 at Luxup, click here to buy
7) Diane Von Furstenberg Saffano iPhone case, £34, click here to buy
8) J.Crew Casati earrings, £86, click here to buy
9) Nicholas Kirkwood metallic floral emrboidered sandals, £1125, click here to buy
10) Whistles Lia jacquard skater dress, £175, click here to buy
Love Ella. X