What: Blouse: Whistles, Shorts: Sister Jane (c/o), Necklace: Anne Bowes Jewellery, Bag: Kate Spade New York (c/o), Shoes: Bobbies (c/o)
Where: Meetings in London.
Bad news guys, my winter weather whinging now extends to Summer too. Much as I adore the fact it’s not raining (something of a rarity in London) the whole 30 plus degrees in the city thing is starting to drive me insane. On the bright side, it does mean that I can finally give my high summer wardrobe a chance to see the light of day. This week I’ve trotted out every pair of short shorts, sunglasses and sleeveless blouse I own. This look is a particular favourite. Barely there fabrics and rather more flesh flashed than I usually would in town lower the risk of extreme overheating while broderie anglaise, candy colours and a Peter Pan collar stop the whole thing looking tarty… Or at least I hope so. At the risk of sounding one hundred years old, few things confuse/anger me than hotpants so microscopic that the wearers buttocks are on show. This look is really only acceptable if you’re a) a 19 year old Brazilian supermodel and b) on the beach, definitely not on Oxford Street at 9am on a Monday morning!
What do you reckon, is this look meeting appropriate or best kept for holidays?
Love Ella. X
I know, I know, Summer’s essentially “over” according to the fashion calendar and I should have really compiled this wish list some time back in April. But then again, I’m not actually going on a Summer holiday until tomorrow and I’m betting many of you lot won’t be sunning yourself on a beach for another few weeks. Despite the fact I repeatedly tell anyone who’ll listen that shopping for bikinis in July is basically criminal and they won’t have a hope in hell of finding a damn thing, that’s not necessarily the case. Just check out these poolside delights…
1) T by Alexander Wang Stripe T Shirt, £104, click here to buy
2) Frame Denim “Le Cutoff” shorts, were £159, now £79, click here to buy
3) K Jaques St Tropez Buffon Leather Sandals, £215, click here to buy
4) Sensi Studio Maxi Straw Tote, £198, click here to buy
5) Raggianti Turquoise Bikini, £80 at Beach Flamingo, click here to buy
6) Whistles Mia Oversized Sunglasses, £50, click here to buy
7) Anne Bowes Jewellery Vintage Pineapple Necklace, £130, click here to buy
8) Diane Von Furstenberg Flirty Miniadure Clutch, £244, click here to buy
9) Jimmy Choo Lance Neon Patent Sandals, £495, click here to buy
10) Reiss Otto Printed Cotton Dress, £139, click here to buy
Love Ella. X
What: Rosy toes pumps: L.K.Bennett (c/o available here), Jacket: Zara, Necklace: Anne Bowes Jewellery, Blouse: Whistles, Bag: Rebecca Minkoff (c/o ATELIER-TO-GO available here), Skirt: Topshop.
Where: Birthday dinner at Aubaine, Dover Street.
The lovely folk at L.K.Bennett sent me these gorgeous shoes as a thank you for doing my LPA Styles It shoot with them (the thank you should def have been the other way round, it was so fun!) a few months ago and ever since then I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to wear them. Finally, my birthday dinner at Aubaine on Dover Street provided the perfect setting to take them for their first outing. Given how picture pretty these pointed toe pumps are, I decided to embrace my inner sugar plum fairy by pairing them with pastel shades, boucle tweeds and lashings of sparkle. I suspect any passers by would have thought I was celebrating my 12th birthday, rather than my 22nd but I still felt pretty damn fab as I skipped down Bond Street.
Love Ella. X
Ps) Apologies for the hideously scabby ankles. My beloved Whistles sandals give me the most horrible blisters but I love them so much I keep wearing them!
What: Ice white jeans: Paige Denim (c/o), Denim Shirt: Warehouse (c/o), Sandals: Whistles, Clutch: Somewhere Nowhere (c/o), Bracelet: Monica Vinader (c/o).
Where: Drinks at Soho House, London.
Firstly yes, I am currently in the thralls of a denim shirt obsession. A couple of years later than everyone else I admit but aren’t they just the best thing ever!? I donned this ensemble last Friday not for a fashion event but in fact for a first date. Having not been on any sort of date in FOREVER I was unclear on most of the details, not least what in God’s name to wear. On the one hand I didn’t want to look like loony fashion fanatic, on the other I did want to look chic beyond belief. In the end I settled on ice white skinnies (boys seem to love white jeans, am I wrong?), the aforementioned denim shirt paired with a holographic clutch and two strap sandals AKA seriously on trend SS13 accessories. I’m fairly sure I screwed up the rest of the evening but at least my outfit seemed to go down well.
Love Ella. X
1) Carven Paris Print Cotton Dress, £400, click here to buy
2) Carven Paris Print Platform Sandals, £400, click here to buy
3) Anne Bowes Jewellery Amazonite & Charm Necklace, £120, click here to buy
4) ASOS Highbrow Oversized Round Sunglasses, £12, click here to buy
5) French Connection Sunny Check Bandeau Bikini Top, £24, click here to buy
6) French Connection Sunny Check Bikini Briefs, £24, click here to buy
7) Proenza Schouler Light Banana Leather PS1 Pouch Messenger, £1085, click here to buy
8) Sam Edelman Soft Silver Trina Sandals, reduced from £120 to £84, click here to buy
9) Sophie Hulme Floral Print Silk Shorts, £230, click here to buy
10) Whistles Petal Broderie Top, £65, click here to buy
Love Ella. X