The white-haired, one-gloved wonder has been making waves in the industry since 1955 when he scooped up second place in the International Wool Secretariat contest, beaten only by Yves Saint Laurent. Since then Karl Lagerfeld has worked his magic everywhere from Balmain and Valentino to Repetto and Chloe. Nowadays Karl’s best known as the genius behind uber brands Chanel and Fendi… not to mention purveyor of priceless snippets of wisdom such as “Vanity is the best thing in life” and “The discussion of fur is childish” (click here for more, they are truly hilarious). On top of all this, he has now decided to share the monochrome look for which he is so renowned with the introduction of his new, and surprisingly affordable, “Karl” collection which hit Net-a-Porter this week.
1) Ordina Stretch Cotton Biker Jacket, £225
2) Sachi Pleated Faux Leather Skirt, £135
3) Metallic High-Tops, £295
4) Cut-away Leather Gloves, £50
5) Sequined Poplin Collar, £125
6) Printed Canvas Shopper, £20
7) Davina Ruched Patterned Jersey Dress, £145
8) Two-tone Leather Sandals, £245
9) Printed Race-back Jersey Vest, £70
10) Sina Sequined Pencil Skirt, £225
Personally I think I’ll leave the cut-away leather gloves to the professionals (AKA Karl) but that pleated leather mini has my name all over it! What do you think of the collection and mor importantly, will you be getting a Karl-over this season?
Love Ella. X