Yep, this post title is no word of a lie. Travel Supermarket have decided to treat one lucky blogger to a fabulous trip to the French fashion capital in their first ever Worldwide Wardrobe competition. But that, my lovely readers, is not all. They will also be giving away holidays to Thailand, New York, London and Ibiza plus an outfit to wear when you get there. Unlike many competitions, this is not a question-and-answer-winner-picked-at-random situation. It’s a styling challenge people! In order to enter you need to choose a clubbing outfit for Ibiza, chic sightseeing ensemble for Paris, Carrie-worthy cocktail attire for New York, laid back shopping look for London, beach party picks for Thailand or, to be in with a chance of winning the lot, all of the above. Simple non? However there is a catch. Each outfit has to cost a total of £200 or less so hitting the Net-a-Porter holiday shop isn’t going to fly this time. This, my fashion loving friends, is an exercise in stylenomics. As this is a competition for bloggers, the folk at Travel Supermarket decided that it should also be judged by bloggers and asked me to choose which stylish so-and-so wins le petite vacance à Paris. Unfortunately (for me) this means I can’t enter but if I could, these are the outfits I’d pick…
Clubbing in Ibiza
1) Topshop Acid Leaf Cut Out Sundress, £42, click here to buy
2) Miss Selfridge Bug Stone Studs, £6.50, click here to buy
3) ASOS Piccolo Perspex Wedges, £40, click here to buy
4) ASOS Parshall Box Clutch, £35, click here to buy
5) Topshop Bright Stone Bracelet, £18.50, click here to buy
If there’s any occasion on which you can go mad with flouro hues it’s clubbing in Ibiza. Admittedly there is a LOT of very bright colour going on here and I probably wouldn’t wear this ensemble back home in London but when cutting loose on the notorious party island, I feel it’s
allowed mandatory to try something a little wilder.
Sightseeing in Paris
1) Topshop MOTO Blue Denim Pini Dress, £38, click here to buy
2) Petit Bateau Breton Stripe T-Shirt, £45, click here to buy
3) ASOS Pointed Ballet Flats, £18, click here to buy
4) Topshop Pushlock Cross Body Bag, £35, click here to buy
5) ASOS Cat Eye Sunglasses, £10, click here to buy
You can always recognize les petites anglaises in Paris for the simple reason that they will be the only people wearing Breton striped shirts. Much as I love the idea that Parisiennes spend their days mincing around in Audrey Hepburn esque Capri cropped jeans and striped tees, experience has taught me that in fact most of the young, hip residents of les Marais favour Isabel Marant trainers over French Sole ballet pumps. But does that stop me bringing out the Bretons whenever I visit? Does it hell! This outfit would pretty much obliterate any chance you had at being mistaken for a native but it’s so adorable I find it hard to care.
Cocktails in New York
1) Topshop Necklace Beaded Shift Dress, £45, click here to buy
2) ASOS Metallic Pointed High Heels, £45, click here to buy
3) ASOS Summer Doorknocker Earrings, £15, click here to buy
4) Miss Selfridge Multi Stone Ring, £8.50, click here to buy
5) ASOS Floral Beaded Clutch Bag, £40, click here to buy
As you’ve probably gathered, I’ve recently found myself strangely attracted to neon. My view on all things fluoro is that it’s best to steer clear of anything unstructured unless of course, you want to look like The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. This sweet shift dress might be a similar shade to those tabards cyclists wear at night but the embellished neckline, clean cut and OTM holographic accessories keep it strictly fashion focused.
Shopping in London
1) Miss Selfridge Embroidered Denim Shirt, £32, click here to buy
2) Topshop Pink Jacquard Mini Skirt, £34, click here to buy
3) ASOS Monogram Leather Loafers, £45, click here to buy
4) ASOS Gem Drop Earrings, £8, click here to buy
5) ASOS Black Round Sunglasses, £10, click here to buy
6) ASOS Scotty Dog Bowler Bag, £35, click here to buy
When choosing a “casual shopping look” for London my first thought was boyfriend jeans and Converse. I then decided that was just too dull for words and opted for a fluoro floral mini, denim shirt and tassled loafers instead. Comfortable can still be colourful, non?
Beach Party in Thailand
1) Topshop Lilac Crystal Tie-Die Bikini, £30, click here to buy
2) ASOS Round Glitter Sunglasses, £12, click here to buy
3) Miss Selfridge Snow Wash High Waist Shorts, £30, click here to buy
4) ASOS Fete Flat Sandals, £28, click here to buy
5) Whistles Rivington Pouch, £75, click here to buy
I’m never made the gap yah pilgrimage to Phuket so wasn’t entirely sure of the dress code at beach parties in Thailand. Having consulted friends who did go, the general response was “not much” but no one could remember much more than that. With this in mind I picked a particularly fabulous bikini and the kind of denim shorts that can be left crumpled on a hostel floor for ten days and not show it.
Feeling inspired to give it a go yourself? Here’s how to enter…
Step One – Publish a Worldwide Wardrobe post on your blog including an outfit and accessories for the five different destinations, explaining why you chose each look. You can enter just one of the categories to be in with a chance of winning a holiday to that destination or enter an outfit for all five categories to be in the running to win all five holidays.
Step Two – Make sure you mention our competition page within your post so your fellow bloggers will know how to enter – www.travelsupermarket.com/c/holidays/worldwide-wardrobe/
Step Three – Nominate 5 fellow bloggers that you think will be up for the challenge and let them know via Facebook or Twitter (#worldwidewardrobe)
Step Four – Let Travel Supermarket know you’ve entered by:
[email protected] with a link to your post
[email protected] with the hashtag #worldwidewardrobe and a link to your post.
Or, tagging the TravelSupermarket.com Facebook page in a post linking to the blog post that you are entering.
Entries close on June 5th… Good luck!
Love Ella. X